जाने क्या ढूँढता है ये मेरा दिल , तुझको क्या चाहिए ज़िन्दगी

I would not have realised the magic that Lucky Ali's mellow voice could create or induce if it had not been for that afternoon in Kolkata, having lunch at a small eatery on Park Street.

It was a small but decently done up place. I chose a spot and ordered from the menu, being a little wary of what I'd be given from the limited vegetarian fare.

While waiting for the food to be dished out, I could hear strains of music in a low volume. The music was a comfort to the ears, and upon listening closely, I figured it was Lucky Ali humming जाने क्या ढूँढता है ये मेरा दिल , तुझको क्या चाहिए ज़िन्दगी ....

The music made me forget my apprehensions of the food for some time. While trying to remember the lyrics of the song to be able to silently hum along, I was served with the freshly prepared steamed rice and some veggies.

But I was more drawn towards the golden lines - रास्ते ही रास्ते हैं , कैसा है ये सफ़र ........ जाने क्या ढूँढता है ये मेरा दिल .....
Although I managed to remember only the first few lines of the song, but that was good enough. My mood was set. I was ready to give the rustic city a second chance. And it did not disappoint me. Don't know whether the difference lie in me in 2004 versus me 9 years later or in the humid June versus the breezy February or was it just that mellow voice equally unaware of what it wants, which struck an instant chord :)

And, for the record, the food was decent! Only to be followed by the famed street side पुचका , झालमुरी , गुड़ रस्गुल्ला and गुड़ सन्देश from Vien, bites at Kookie Jar, a lavish breakfast from the Heritage Menu of Flurys topped with the till-date-best-cheescake-I've-had! Not to forget, dance n drinks at Tantra, The Park!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Just Friends"

Is it tea time yet?!

It's all about loving your parents..