I FEAR

Poet - Anonymous
I feared being alone
until I learned to like
myself
...
I feared failure
until I realized that I only
fail when I don't try
...
I feared success
until I realized
that I had to try
in order to be happy with myself
...
I feared people's opinions
until I learned that
people would have opinions
about me anyway
...
I feared rejection
until I learned to
have faith in myself
...
I feared pain
until I learned that
it's necessary for growth
...
I feared the truth
until I saw the
ugliness in lies
...
I feared life
until I experienced
it's beauty
...
I feared my destiny
until I realized that
I had the power to change
my life
...
I feared hate
until I saw that it
was nothing more than
ignorance
...
I feared ridicule
until I learned how
to laugh at myself
...
I feared growing old
until I realized that
I gained wisdom everyday
...
I feared the future
until I realized that
life just kept getting better
...
I feared the past
until I realized that
it could no longer hurt me
...
I feared the dark
until I saw the beauty
of the starlight
...
I feared the light
until I learned that the
truth would give me strength
...
I feared change
until I saw that
even the most beautiful butterfly
had to undergo a metamorphosis
before it could fly
...
I feared love
until it touched my heart
making the darkness fade
into endless sunny days
...

Comments

Nimisha said…
i so like this post :-)

good one.. had used it once.. will tell u :-)
Kritika said…
Thank you! I remember keeping a print out of this poem since class VII...have liked it ever since..and now it proudly occupies some of my room space too!
AND TELL ME!!..SOON..
Anchit said…
This is my personal Fav. Post
Kritika said…
Mine too:) I simply love it. It is extremely inspiring!

Popular posts from this blog

"Just Friends"

Is it tea time yet?!