The Writer and the Translator - the Lawyers?

A night before the very last exam of my law school life, here I am, chit-chatting in my friend's room. My friend had just received a confirmation regarding the publication of her short story in a US magazine (and that too in hard copy plus she is being paid for it! Yay!). That moment, our long concocted plan (some 2-3 years ago we had come up with it in one of those really late night 3-4 hour long marathon conversations talking about all the things on earth, literally all the things - except law - that was taboo :D ) re-surfaced in our discussions - "Man, what are we doing here in this law school?" and the subsequent - "It is the biggest mistake of our lives!"
Our plan - She - the hot shot writer - Me - the hot shot translator - making her work reach international audience :D - We - not the hot shot lawyers anymore!!
We had decided that ten years down the line we would be doing anything but law - hopefully a joint venture of writer+editor+translator!! She has already made a beginning. It is time for me to stick by Our Original Plan :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Just Friends"

Is it tea time yet?!

I FEAR